Planted plants can, both experienced and novice aquarists. In order for them to be pleased for a long time, the landing must be made correctly. There are several rules to follow.
Before planting a plant, he is given a visual assessment. The damaged or weak part is carefully removed. The root system is cleared of soil lumps. If necessary, the roots are washed under running water.
Powerful root system is cut and cut. They leave 2–4 cm. Such a procedure is carried out so that the selected vegetation settles down, and the root system develops better. Overly thin roots do not touch, because their integrity is easily broken.
Representatives of the flora, which are distinguished by a long stem, often do not replant, because they do not take root well.
Before planting plants in an aquarium, they are disinfected. To do this, prepare a solution that includes salt (cooking). With this composition, pathogens and infections are removed.
Aquarium plants are planted in two ways:
- The landing is carried out in the substrate laid on the bottom of the tank. Water filling is performed after a while. This option is advantageous in that the root system penetrates deeper into the soil and is more firmly fixed.
- The plant is planted in a container that is filled with water. This method is used when planting those species that are distinguished by long stems.
Installation of decorative elements
Initially, the selected substrate is poured into the new tank and decorative elements are installed. If necessary, grottoes, snags and other components are decorated with selected vegetation. The procedure is carried out before water is poured into the aquarium. Indeed, in the process of decoration often move.
For decoration snags, smooth and flat stones use Javanese moss, some types of ferns. For their fixation apply nylon thread. Within 10–14 days the thread will collapse. This time is enough for the moss to attach to a stone or a snake.
Pouring water into the tank is carried out in several stages. Each time the level is raised by 1-2 cm.
Experienced aquarists begin to fill the tank from the foreground. After all, planting plants near the front wall is difficult, since the number of suitable species is limited.
For these purposes, dwarf-type anubias are used. But they require regular coverage. Therefore, they can grow only experienced aquarists. Tweezers are used for the landing, with which the root system is pressed.
Filling center and back area
How to plant vegetation in the background and in the center of the tank? For these purposes, stem species are used, which are best planted by the group. After all, the group has an attractive appearance. To fill the center using echinodorus, cryptocoryne. They are actively distributed in the reservoir.
Planted flowers, shady vegetation is grouped by shades, sizes and shape. In this case, use algae, other representatives of the flora, which have a rich red tint, for the design of the tank should be carefully. After all, this hue is badly perceived by fish.
In the tank can be placed and species-soliter. For these purposes, use no more than 2-4 tapeworms. Planting plants in the aquarium perform individual bushes.
Vivid representatives of tapeworms are echinodorus, which differ in shade and size, crinums, and also nymphs. Small tanks should not be filled with large tapeworms. After all, grow other vegetation does not work.
Some aquarists are interested in how to plant capricious plants in an aquarium? After all, certain types of farmed mosses, ferns require special conditions. Therefore, for planting use a container or pots that are filled with a specific substrate.
For large and small containers use a container that have the appropriate dimensions. If a container is placed in a new or in-use reservoir that does not fit in size, this will provoke a violation of the ecosystem, the death of fauna.
When filling aquarium spaces, the following rules are observed:
- For planting algae use those parts of the tank, which falls on the maximum amount of light. After all, they develop well with intensive lighting.
- Large and tall plants are planted in the corners of the containers, along the back wall. The shade from them will not fall on other vegetation. If necessary, the stems of some species are pruned. This is done in accordance with the recommendations of experts.
- Many representatives of the fauna are crawling in the substrate. Therefore, the integrity of the root located in the soil can be broken. If the root system is poorly developed, then its vegetation is placed in pots and special containers.
- The adaptation period of the planted species takes 2–4 weeks. If after this period the plant root system does not develop, then the parameters of the aquarium water are adjusted, nutrients are injected. Overly weak species are removed from the reservoir.
- Positioning in the tank aerators or pumps, it is necessary to ensure that they do not violate the integrity of the root system, the stems.
- Periodically substrate siphon. This is done to eliminate organic matter, nitrates and harmful components that settle on the scenery and the soil.
The decoration of aquariums with plants is done with great care. Experienced aquarists at one time planted groups of one or two species. If you do not perform such actions, the probability of algal outbreak increases significantly. After all, small groups of plants do not cope with the growth and spread of red or blue-green algae.