Observation of the life of aquarium inhabitants fascinates and calms. Therefore, many, eager to have such beauty at home, are interested in how to properly clean the aquarium with fish at home.
Why wash the newly purchased aquarium?
- place the aquarium in the bath;
- Put a wooden stand or something soft on the bottom of the tub. It protect the enamel of the product;
- sprinkle baking soda on a sponge;
- carefully rub the walls of the tank;
- rinse thoroughly with warm water;
- leave the aquarium to dry.
These manipulations will be enough to populate the wards in the new aquarium. In addition, baking soda to remove dirt from the aquarium, any chemistry is suitable, be it Domestos, comets or bleach. It is important to carefully remove the substance from the glasses. Even a microscopic particle can kill fish.
How to clean the aquarium?
- Cleaning the walls.
- Wiping the bottom.
- Filter purge
Most problems arise when cleaning glasses. Since the process requires a lot of patience and time. Use a scraper or a regular plastic card. Walk through all the increases.
This procedure must be performed on time, as skipping the first time, growths will be more difficult to eliminate. And certainly not a snail or a fish cleaner can cope with them. Do not use detergents for cleaning windows. This will have a detrimental effect on pets.
- Pollution from algae and soil is well eliminated with a special scraper.
- If the scraper does not cope with the task, use the blade.
- Dirt on the lid and outer wall, wash off with a damp sponge.
It should be noted that the cleaning of the aquarium with the established biological equilibrium must be done with a scraper. If the water in the aquarium is fresh, use a clean foam sponge. This will prevent the formation of bacterial muti.
- move down the glass;
- to reach the ground, firmly press the sponge to the glass;
- go back up slowly;
- rinse the sponge in water;
- Repeat the operation until the glasses are completely cleaned.
Waste from the life of fish and the remnants of food are deposited in the ground, even with a good filter. The process of decay begins. The balance is broken. Algae are beginning to grow actively. A special device, a siphon, helps prevent rotting and stagnation of the soil. Siphons differ:
However, the goal of any siphon is to clean the soil from a large amount of pollution. The work of the product is based on the principle of water flow. In this way, the soil is cleared of the lighter parts of the waste, while the heavy parts are returned to the site. As a result, the flow of water takes away all the dirt. Soil and water are cleaned. Algae growth is slowing. To clean the soil siphon you need to use a lot of water. Therefore, it is reasonable to combine cleaning with partial replacement. Thus, you can kill two birds with one stone. Clean the soil and add clean water.
For herbalists carry out surface cleaning of the soil, since the siphon can not always reach hard-to-reach areas. This is a big disadvantage, since harmful substances are formed in herbalists due to the rotting of the plants themselves. In addition, the soil in such aquariums, as a rule, is covered with silt. This serves as a good stimulus for plant growth.
- Dip the siphon into the aquarium water and drain the required amount into any container. It may be a bucket, pan or basin. If you do not need to defend the water, immediately drain into the sink.
- Pumping out water from the aquarium, watch out for fish, soil and plants. Together with the dirt they can get into the siphon and suffer.
- Take care of the scenery, gravel or sand at the bottom of the aquarium. Thoroughly rinse the material that is located on the bottom. It is necessary to remove all food, small parts from plants and other waste that was formed from the vital activity of fish, snails.
- Use a gravel vacuum. Place it at the bottom of the aquarium. While siphoning clean water and soil from any extraneous contamination.
- Wash the plants, the decorations of the tree. Cleaning the aquarium and its accessories can be done with an algae scraper. However, if the pollution is strong, for example, green patina or black beard, it is better to use a sink for bathing. However, any cleaners, including soap, use is prohibited. In extreme cases, to clean the components of the aquarium, use a mixture of water and salt.
- Allow them to dry thoroughly before putting the decorations into the aquarium.
Cleaning the filter can not be combined with washing the scenery and water change. Sharp changes in the balance of the aquatic environment can harm the fish and plants of the aquarium. The external filter and the internal filter should be washed at least twice a month.
- disassemble the filter;
- using a toothbrush and water, go through its parts;
- wash the absorbent sponge separately.
General cleaning aquarium
Many novice aquarists are concerned about the question of how often it is necessary to carry out general cleaning of the aquarium? Experts do not advise to completely wash the aquarium more often than once every five years. However, there are cases when general cleaning may be required before. For example, if a black beard settled in an aquarium and special tools do not bring tangible results.
- Turn off all electrical equipment. Lighting devices can be left.
- Drain one third of the volume of water. In the future, it will need to be poured into the aquarium in order to establish biological balance.
- Another part of the cast in another container.
- Carefully remove the plants. It is important not to damage the root system and not to lift the cloud from the bottom.
- Gently wash each leaf under the tap. Remove the leaves that have begun to rot. Place in a container with old water from the aquarium.
- Let the water that remains in the aquarium stay for 15 minutes.
- Use a hose to collect contaminants and drain most of the water. Leave the volume in which it was more convenient to catch fish in order to transplant to another tank.
- As a tank, use a tank with a large surface area of water. This will allow the fish to stay for a long time without blowing.
- Before catching fish, remove large objects from the aquarium.
- Replant the fish in the basin and cover with glass on top.
- Drain the remaining water.
- Remove and rinse thoroughly. If you find any infections, hold the soil in boiling water. However, it is better to replace it with a new one.
- Wash the aquarium with clean water using a sponge or scourer. However, any detergent is not recommended.
- Place the ground in a clean aquarium.
- Restore filters. Plant the plants. Fill in old water. Place the fish. Top up with clean, settled water.
- Install the equipment for the aquarium and connect it.
Video: How to clean the aquarium with fish at home?
It’s always unpleasant to face such problems as green deposits or lime deposits in an aquarium. Therefore, it is better to avoid unpleasant phenomena and from time to time to engage in prevention. It is important to maintain the proper operation of aquarium equipment and is serious about caring for the aquarium and its inhabitants as a whole.
To avoid contamination and full restart of the tank, you must:
- correctly put the aquarium from the beginning. Direct sunlight should not fall on the aquarium. Therefore, do not put it directly to the window. Step back at least one and a half meters. And better illuminate the aquarium artificially with the help of special lamps;
- think in advance about facilitating the cleaning process. Cleaning the bottom of various contaminants. To do this, when starting the aquarium, pour the soil to the front wall;
- feed the fish correctly. The excess amount can change the balance of water is not for the better, and therefore harm the pet. So, fish should eat food in five minutes;
- regularly keep your aquarium clean. In time remove the rotten leaves of algae.
Eliminate all the reasons for which in the aquarium, water can bloom. Solving the problem will make your pets life more comfortable. You will take pleasure in looking at the aesthetic look, clean as a tear, clear water.