Planting plants in an aquarium is an integral part of arranging an artificial reservoir. Living flora not only performs a decorative function, but also purifies water from harmful substances, instead filling the liquid with oxygen and maintaining the balance of the ecological system. Selecting the necessary types of greenery, you should learn how to properly plant aquarium plants so that they do not die.
Planted plants in the aquarium are capable of both experienced owners and beginners in the field of aquarium. for this it is only necessary to choose the right flowers and read the recommendations on how to plant greens. Following the rules, you can increase the chances of long-term residence of flora in a pond with fish.
Before planting plants, greens must be prepared for planting in the ground. To do this, perform the following actions:
- The plant is carefully examined for rot, injuries and yellowed roots. If there are, then the dead parts are carefully removed.
- The root system is also inspected, and cleaned of lumps of dirt, washing under running warm water.
- If the roots of aquarium plants are too large and powerful, they are thinned and trimmed, leaving 4 cm. The procedure is necessary for the plant to take root and develop.
- As soon as the flower is processed, the greens are disinfected, destroying the bacteria and infections. To do this, prepare a solution with salt, in which the plant is dipped.
In order for planted aquarium plants to take root and delight the owner with luxurious branches and bright colors, it is necessary to properly plant the flora. There are two options how to plant plants in an aquarium:
- The vegetation is placed in the soil located at the bottom of the tank, and the tank is filled with water after a certain time. This method allows for a stronger fixation of greenery in the soil.
- Flowers are planted in the tank, immediately filled with liquid. This method is used for grown flowers with a long stem.
Plant plants in an artificial pond, you can use tweezers. To do this, grab the flower by the root or base of the stem and carefully place the greens in the soil, after which the instrument is carefully removed. To avoid the death of a planted aquatic flower, you should know the method of planting different types of vegetation:
- Species of flora with short stems are planted in such a way that the root neck is slightly covered with soil.
- Vegetation with high stems deepen into the substrate by 3-5 cm.
- The tuberous type of flora is not placed completely in the soil, but leaves the tip slightly open.
- Flora with a long horizontal root should be slightly pressed into the soil, acting gently and gently.
- Floating types of vegetation can only be grown in a tank that is filled with liquid.
In the initial development of a new artificial reservoir, as many species of flora as possible should be located immediately, otherwise the risk of the appearance of algae remains, since a small part of the greens cannot suppress the development of harmful algae.
How to place plants in the aquarium
In order to grow beautiful green thickets in an aquarium, you need to properly place the species of flora. Aquarium vegetation is divided into several categories, each of which has its own place on the territory of the reservoir:
- green foreground;
- middle and background;
- solitaire flowers;
- vegetation in pots.
The design of the tank begins with the landing of flora on snags or large stones. If such a desire has the owner. This process is performed in containers without water, securing mosses and ferns with the help of a nylon thread or fishing line. After the flora is fixed, it is necessary to pour some liquid into the container.
Foreground aquarium plants are planted with tweezers, while the roots are slightly pressed with the ground. The process will take a lot of time and effort, so you should be prepared in advance. In the foreground of the aquarium will look good the following types of greenery:
- small varieties of echinodorus that will cover the bottom with a green carpet;
- cryptocoryne, unpretentious to the conditions of detention;
- dwarf anubias, however, this species is quite picky about lighting.
After planting flowers to the foreground, it is necessary to position the middle and background vegetation, observing the following rules:
- the stem flora is placed in groups, with the higher ones being planted from behind, and the low ones. in front;
- types of greenery, identical in color and genus, are not placed next to each other;
- filling the middle and background of the tank, you should select different types of flora and combine flowers;
- An important rule for proper design is that each type of flora or decorative element should be visible at least a little.
Having finished with registration of space, it is possible to place flowers soliter if the sizes of the tank allow it. As solitaire usually choose two or three large flowers that are planted separately from each other at a great distance. For these purposes, ideal nymphs, krinum or large ekhinodorusy.
It should be borne in mind that the use of tapeworms in small tanks is impossible, since they will break the harmony of the composition.
When choosing types of flora for an aquarium, the owner may like capricious or exotic varieties of flowers that require an individual type of soil for growth and development. In this case, you can find a way out of an insoluble situation by using conventional pots for planting. In order not to spoil the appearance of the reservoir, experienced owners use colorless tanks that can be moved around the tank and, if necessary, mask the tank, giving the aquarium a natural look.
If it is not possible to use pots for disembarking, the bottom area is divided into several sections by partitions made of glass or plastic. In the resulting empty areas lay the desired type of soil, and calmly place the plants you like.
Planting plants in an aquarium is an important part of decorating a reservoir that helps preserve the biological balance in a tank. In order for the flowers to grow and delight the owner with a lush and healthy look, the greens must be properly planted in the ground and looked after the flora, cutting the lush bushes and removing dead parts.