How to make the water in the aquarium transparent :: how to get the water color :: Equipment and accessories
Tip 1: How to make the water in the aquarium clear
Aquarium maintenance is a rather laborious process, especially for a novice breeder. The basis of health for fish and plants that inhabit the aquarium, is quality water. It should be transparent, not have color and smell, which is achieved as a result of special preparation of the liquid.
1. The most important thing that a novice aquarist should know is that fish should not be run into an aquarium with untreated tap water. This can lead to the death of living organisms. For fish and plants to take root, prepare in advance water, make it transparent. In the new clean aquarium pour water from the tap and let it stand for 2-3 days. As soon as the water loses the smell of chlorine, it is sufficiently settled. You can lay the soil and plant.
2. After laying the ground water can again lose transparency, becoming first blue and then muddy. This soil particles, stalks and roots of plants pollute water. Therefore, it is not possible to plant fish there yet. After about an hour and a half, the soil will settle, and fish can be planted in the aquarium. If you still doubt the quality of the water, add a special tool for water treatment (for example, "Aquaseyf"). This mixture will make water completely habitable fish and protects it from the development of pathogenic flora.
3. After the fish and plants settled in aquarium, water for another 3-4 months will have a bluish tint. And only after a certain time, when all living organisms take root finally, the water will regain its colorlessness and transparency. This means that the water has reached its most optimal stage, which is called "old" among experienced aquarists. In such water, both animals and plants feel comfortable. Fish do not get sick and actively reproduce, and the plants have a bright, saturated color. Determining that water has reached this stage is simple. In a dark room, highlight the front wall of the aquarium with a table lamp. If the water is not visible, the fish, as it were, hover in the air, then you have achieved the ideal state of water.
4. If your aquarium is equipped with modern water purification and filtration systems, then it is often not necessary to change it. Update water only in the event that the water became turbid, many algae particles floating in the water and fish waste products appeared. Then a portion of the water is poured and an appropriate volume of distilled or prepared tap water is added. The more often the water changes in aquarium, the smaller the volume needed to drain.
5. If there is no cleaning system to do water transparent, you have to change it from time to time. Cast from the aquarium should be no more than 1/4 of the water, replacing it with a settled water supply. This should be done no more than once every 2-3 weeks. Fish are very hard going through the change of fluid, so it is better to get a filtration system. And do not forget to wash the walls of the aquarium from the plaque. That it can be the main cause of turbidity of water.
Nutritious soil: how to lay
Good soil has nutritional properties that allow plants to properly grow and grow. The main function of aquarium plants is photosynthesis, during which water is saturated with oxygen. In turn, the fish get it in the right portions.
Soil for the aquarium should be laid in 3 layers. Layer 1. clay or laterite, layer 2. clay with peat, layer 3. gravel, pebble or sand. So that the contrast between the layers is not noticeable, it is better to indent 2 cm from the front glass in order to fill this line with decorative ground. The nutrient substrate is allowed to be laid only in the places of planting.
See how to lay aquarium soil.
For the preparation of the first layer, you need to take the clay (one tenth of the total volume of the soil). Dip it in water and soak to a soft state. Mix clay with gravel. it is necessary for access of oxygen and prevention of caking. Then lay the mixture on the bottom of the tank. Laterite can be used instead of gravel and clay. The height of layer 1 is from 3 to 5 cm. In places of dense planting, you can put separately prepared clay balls. Do not use iron sulfate in this layer.
To prepare the second layer, mix gravel and peat (15% of the total volume of all layers). In this layer, you can put clay balls for fertilizer (in places dense planting). Peat at first allocates a high concentration of humic acids, as a result, water will acquire a dark color. Permissible layer height. not higher than 3 cm.
The last, third layer has a decorative purpose, it covers the first two layers, prevents the clouding of water from clay and peat. If in the aquarium live fish who love to dig the ground, then the upper ball should be thicker. Choose pebbles, sand or gravel.
The first days after the launch of the aquarium, nutrients will be released into the water, bacteria will multiply. After a few days you will notice that the concentration of algae has increased. To avoid this, once a day you need to replace 20% of the water with fresh and infused, similar parameters. Nutrients love algae, so plant in an aquarium fast-growing plant species that can quickly absorb these substances. Slow-growing plant species can be planted later in the soil.
We build a grotto in the aquarium of stones, clay, wood
For the aquarium fish lover, the most important principle is a comfortable and safe pet life. Those who are seriously interested in issues of a comfortable settlement and well-being of a water nursery are constantly interested in issues of beauty, cleanliness and safety of a home pond. Each fish, shrimp, snail needs its own shelter, where it can protect itself from prying eyes or aggressive behavior of neighbors in the house.
Grottoes are great as decoration for any aquarium.
A kind of refuge for the fish just do it yourself, after selecting the appropriate starting materials. Eliminate construction glue, paint, plastic, glass and sealants. Firstly, they are malicious, and secondly, if improperly treated, they can injure a pet. How to make a grotto for an aquarium, as well as examples of grottoes from stones and other useful materials are given below.
How to make water in a marine aquarium :: how to create a marine aquarium :: Equipment and accessories
How to make water in a marine aquarium
Aquaria is a worthy hobby for a person who prefers a leisurely time and peace of mind. And, of course, this business has its own secrets that you need to know.
Beginners lovers often prefer the most unpretentious fish that easily take root in the usual small aquarium with fresh water. But the "advanced" prefer sea fish and animals, which requires a special approach to the preparation of sea water.
Sea water at home
Other water parameters
At simple brining, the process of preparing seawater does not end. It is important to control the content of ammonium and nitrite. They should not be higher than 0.05 mg / l. Ammonium ions can be contained in water at a concentration of from 0 to 2 mg / l. It should be noted that nitrites are also toxic and should not be present in a concentration of more than 20 mg / l.
In addition, bacteria live in an aquarium that process nitrites into nitrates. But by regular replacement of water and cleaning the soil this can be avoided.
Now you need to bring the water temperature to 25 ° C and put the fish. Here it should be gradual. First, one species of fish, then another at intervals of a week, and so on until complete sharing, with constant chemical control of water, which will finally get better in about 3-5 months, forming a good ecological system.
Blue Dolphin: content, compatibility, breeding, photo-video review
Order, family: cichlids (Cichlidae).
Comfortable water temperature for keeping Blue Dolphin:
Aggressiveness: moderately aggressive 50%.
Blue Dolphin compatibility: small and medium-sized cichlids, large barbs, soma.
Personal experience and useful tips: Beautiful fish. For a comfortable upkeep you need a large aquarium. Compatibility with other species of fish is limited, fish of the Cichlov family (Mbuna), however, no matter how. But, at the same time, this is probably the most modest type of cichlids, the "Malawian spirit" in them is zero. To date, I have got a pair of these handsome men. they sit in a corner, shy away with sudden movements and sounds, they are falling from a slug of akvaraim into a dimmed state)))
In nature, it lives in shallow sandy areas of Lake Malawi in Africa. Due to the strong similarity of the shape of the head and mouth with a mammal, it got its name. It was first introduced to Europe in 1968.
The aquarium fish of the blue dolphin has a tall, slightly elongated body, flattened at the sides. Large head, eyes large and mobile, lips thick. An adult male has a large fat growth on the forehead. The back and anal fins are long, tail bilobed. Abdominal and pectoral fins. thin, short. It is possible to distinguish adults and juveniles by color. Young individuals are painted in gray-blue color with a silvery shine, with dark transverse stripes on each side. In the center of the body and on the tail stem on a large dark spot. In adults, the color is velvety blue. The dominant male in the excited state becomes dark blue. During spawning, his forehead turns yellow, and 5-7 dark blue transverse bands appear on the side. All fins are colored blue. As a rule, the male is larger than the female. In nature, the blue dolphin can reach 25 cm. Life expectancy is up to 15 years.
The dolphin is blue territorial, shy and peaceful fish. But, males periodically argue among themselves for leadership, without causing serious damage to each other. Dolphins are shy (even in the vicinity of African cichlids), therefore it is recommended to keep them in a species aquarium in the ratio of 1 male and 2 females or 2 males and 3 females. Keep in the middle and lower layers of water.
It is best to keep a blue dolphin in the presence of a spacious aquarium with a volume of 200-250 liters. with sandy soil, numerous shelters (crevices and grottoes of stones) and free swimming. If you put plants in an aquarium, then you need to take only hard-leaved with a good root system or in pots. Water parameters for the correct content of the blue dolphin: hardness 5.20 °, pH 7.2-8.5, temperature 24. 28 ° C. A powerful filtration, aeration and weekly substitution of up to 30-50% of the volume of water is recommended. The dolphin of blue reaches sexual maturity at the age of 12-18 months with a length of 13 cm. Reproduction and spawning are similar to the majority of Malawi cichlids and do not pose any particular problems.
Feeding aquarium fish must be correct: balanced, diverse. This fundamental rule is the key to successful keeping of any fish, be it guppies or astronotuses. Article "How and how much to feed aquarium fish" talks in detail about this, it outlines the basic principles of the diet and feeding regime of fish.
In this article, we note the most important thing. feeding fish should not be monotonous; both dry and live food should be included in the diet. In addition, you need to take into account the gastronomic preferences of a particular fish and, depending on this, include in its diet ration either with the highest protein content or vice versa with vegetable ingredients.
Popular and popular feed for fish, of course, are dry food. For example, hourly and everywhere can be found on the aquarium shelves of food company "Tetra". the leader of the Russian market, in fact, the range of feeds of this company is striking. In the "gastronomic arsenal" of Tetra are included as individual feeds for a certain type of fish: for goldfish, for cichlids, for loricarids, guppies, labyrinths, arovan, discus, etc. Also, Tetra has developed specialized foods, for example, for enhancing color, fortified or for feeding fry. Detailed information on all Tetra feeds, you can find on the official website of the company. here.
It should be noted that when buying any dry food, you should pay attention to the date of its production and shelf life, try not to buy food by weight, and also keep the food in a closed state. this will help avoid the development of pathogenic flora in it.