Many people choose as a pet aquarium fish. They leave no wool, are unpretentious in food and care, are silent and never wake up in the middle of the night. In addition, the fish have an excellent ability to calm the observer. But do not forget that the fish require daily care. Let’s talk about how to properly care for fish.
Aquarium and its inhabitants
When choosing an aquarium you need to consider the size of the fish. If you prefer large fish, then the aquarium is worth taking the appropriate.
For some fish, different designs are needed at the bottom. grottoes, shelters, etc. Especially they are required for fish living at the bottom.
Snails can also be found in the aquarium. They will help both to care for aquarium fish and maintain clean water. After all, the snails clean the walls of the aquarium and eat the remnants of food.
Algae are an extremely important component of the aquarium. in them the fish lay eggs, in the plants the fish can rest. But the vegetation should not be much. otherwise the water can deteriorate.
How to care for fish: practical advice
Feeding should be done 1-2 times a day for adult fish, and up to 5 times for fry. Feed the food as much as the fish can eat, over time you will determine the daily rate. Excess feed needs to be cleaned, as they spoil the water. Food can be dry or lively. In the first case, these are dry daphnias or various mixtures, and the moth of the strawberry or duckweed will be suitable as live food. Carefully familiarize yourself with the best way to feed your species of fish.
Daily need to check the water temperature. If necessary, add warm or cold water to the aquarium.
It is also important to monitor the lighting. Some fish need light all day long, so you should get a special light fixture.
The soil in the aquarium can be different. sand, gravel, natural or artificial stones.
In the aquarium should always work filter or compressor for water. It will purify water and also saturate it with oxygen.
Once a month you should do a general cleaning of the aquarium. For this fish you need to carefully catch a net in another aquarium. And only then proceed to cleaning. To do this, drain the water, clean the walls and the bottom from contamination, wash the filter
How to care for goldfish
Goldfish require special care, if you have brought this breed, you need to remember the following conditions:
- Spacious aquarium. Goldfish love space. Therefore, the aquarium should be calculated at the rate of 10 liters for 2 fish.
- Goldfish require oxygen-rich water, so saving on the filter is not worth it.
- The quality of the soil is best gravel. It should not be too small, otherwise the fish will eat it.
- As feed, it is best to use special mixtures for this breed. Sometimes you can give pieces of lettuce or boiled eggs.
- It is important to remember that Goldfish is demanding on temperature, so use a thermometer. It is necessary to maintain a temperature of about 21 degrees.
How to care for the fish Betta Fish
The fish Betta Fish, which is sometimes also called fighting, will not leave anyone indifferent. Males of this breed are satisfied with the real competition. But, despite the fighting spirit, this breed loves warm and stagnant water, at 22-24 degrees. Also for Betta Fish need a large aquarium. This species loves algae, so you should get vegetation.
And the last thing to remember is that this breed is very contact, so you can have other inhabitants of the aquarium. snails, catfish.
How to care for Guppy fish
It is worth remembering that guppies are not picky about their living conditions. But in order for the fish to be healthy, you must comply with some conditions:
- This breed is omnivorous, but loves live food. Therefore, please your pets with motyl and pipemaker.
- Aquarium can not buy big. Guppies get along well in a 10 liter aquarium.
- In the choice of soil and vegetation, you can not think. everything that you like will do.
- The temperature frame for Guppy is great. Fish live normally in the water of 20-26 degrees.
- Experts advise sometimes to add iodine to the aquarium. this will give brightness to the fish.