Breeding fish in an aquarium is a hobby of millions of people. To observe how living creatures splash in the water in a unique ornate casotate is pleasant to both adults and children.
What you need a novice aquarist
Buying an aquarium should be taken responsibly. If you simply pour water from the tap into it and run the tenants bought on the same day, then you will be greatly disappointed. The water becomes cloudy, and the fish are likely to die.
- Aquarium. Many people think that for a start it is better to get the smallest one. But this is not the case; in a small container it is more difficult to establish a balance. Therefore, choose a fish house with a minimum volume of 40-50 liters, and preferably more. Stop at the simplest rectangular aquarium. it is easier to care for it than for a round or figured.
- Lighting. Both fish and plants need additional light, especially if the aquarium is located in the back of the room. Usually in the lid, sold with an aquarium, there is already a necessary minimum of lamps. The best. fluorescent lamps and conventional energy saving. For a volume of 50 liters is enough lighting at 25-30 watts.
- Filter. To keep the water in your aquamirka clean and clear, it needs to be cleaned. Therefore, the next purchase will be the filter. They are internal and external. A beginner should buy an internal filter. Almost all filters have an aeration system. the air from the room is pumped into the water and sprayed there with small bubbles so that the fish can breathe.
- Heater and Thermometer. Most aquarium fish are thermophilic. So that your tenants do not freeze, you need to maintain a temperature of about 22-23 degrees in the aquarium.
- Priming. If you want to admire not only fish, but also lush thickets of aquatic plants, you need to take care of suitable soil. Do not buy a color mixture, poor quality paint can be toxic. The best soil is quartz, basalt, granite with a grain diameter of 2-4 mm. The smaller one often becomes compressed and sour, and in large plants it will be difficult to settle down. Read more about the ground here.
- Net, feeding trough, siphon. Without these little things can not do any aquarist.
Run the aquarium: the secrets of skill
So, all the equipment purchased and waiting in the wings. The question arises: what about the fish? When will their turn come? With fish in no hurry. Their turn will come only in two-three weeks. In the meantime, you need to start the aquarium. Starting is a process during which the balance necessary for fish life is established in a tank filled with water.
We must act strictly according to plan:
- Preparation of soil and capacity. Aquarium should be thoroughly washed and rinsed. Soil, too, should rinse several times to remove dust and very small particles. Stones and snags to decorate the composition are also washed.
- Creating an underwater landscape. Aquarium put in place and begin to conjure up the creation of a beautiful landscape. First, the soil is covered with a layer of 4-5 cm, making a slight bias towards the front wall. Then set the decorative elements. pebbles, snags, grottoes. Pour one third of the volume of water.
- Landing underwater garden. Now it is the turn of plants. For beginners, unpretentious types are suitable. vallisneria, rogolofnik, rotala, cryptocorynes, elodea. When planting act as with ordinary land plants. Long roots slightly trimmed, buried the bush in the ground and sprinkle the hole. It is possible for the first time to pin down the bushes with pebbles so that they do not surface.
- Water filling and installation equipment. Work is moving towards the end. Water is poured into the aquarium, and then a filter, a heating pad, and a thermometer are attached to the glass. Equipment immediately included.
- Balance. And now you need to forget about the aquarium for a while. Yes, yes, you should not worry that the water turned cloudy and the overall composition looks unpresentable. After a week, the water will gradually clear, the plants will spread their leaves. This will mean that a balance is established in your underwater world. But now you should not hurry with the fish. If you really want, you can run there snails and wait another week.
What kind of fish to get a novice
In the aquarium for beginners it is best to run the most unpretentious fish. Here is an incomplete list of aquarium tenants undemanding to conditions of detention:
- Guppy. The most popular fish. Bright males and gray females live in almost any conditions. And with proper care, they will also delight you with offspring.
- Sword-bearers, petilia, mollies. Viviparous fishes of bright colors. red, black, yellow.
- Gourami. Beautiful, unpretentious fish with long fins in the form of long whiskers.
- Barbusses. Striped, very mobile pets. It is better to keep them separate, because many persons are pugnacious and offend more peaceful fish.
- Somics. Be sure to get yourself corridors or antsitrusov. Watching them is very interesting.
- Danio. A cheerful flock of these whales will decorate any aquarium.
How to care for aquarium
Finally, your aquarium is inhabited by tenants. It is easy to care for him, it is enough to give it a couple of minutes every day and half an hour once a week.
On weekends, it is time for a more thorough care of the aquarium. You will have to replace some of the water, remove debris from the bottom, rinse the filter, clean the glass. Water for replacement must first be defended. Change about 15-20% of the total. For example, if your tank holds 50 liters, then replace 7-10 liters of water.
Aquaria often becomes a hobby for life, because the creation of the underwater worlds brings peace and tranquility to the intense rhythm of life. This hobby is much more interesting and more useful than fishing.
Author: Kirichek Oksana, especially for the online magazine Women’s Hobbies.