Lack of oxygen
There are only a few phenotypes for an aquarium for which a small percentage of atmospheric gas is not critical. They are characterized by endurance, ease of care.
Experienced aquarists distinguish several phenotypes for which the percentage of air in the aquarium water is not critical.
- Representatives of the family of bindlings (catfish, some loaches). Aquarium fish enjoy atmospheric air. For absorption, it rises to the upper layer of water, after which it gradually descends to the substrate.
- Labyrinth phenotypes that can breathe liquefied gas. In these species, a special respiratory system, which is presented in the form of a gill maze. At the same time, they absorb air masses in the same way as previous species.
Beginners are interested in which fish can live without oxygen. After learning about the above phenotypes that do not need oxygen, they almost completely block access to air. This entails the death of the fauna in the tank.
The absence of an aerator and compressor leads to the following problems and difficulties:
- Phenotypes move closer to the upper layer.
- Small and large individuals bulging gills.
- They consume less feed.
- The immune system becomes less active.
What kind of fish live without air in a large aquarium?
Experienced aquarists emit a family Mnogoperovyh. After all, they survive, both on land and in water masses. Fish have a unique swim bladder, with which they swallow and store a certain amount of oxygen. Over time, they re-rise to the top layer of the tank.
Some families, which are classified as hydrobionts, in portions of air mass in the intestine. If they fill the intestines, their movement through the reservoir is accelerated. Such fish do not require special maintenance, although compliance with the basic conditions is mandatory.
At first, I would like to immediately make a reservation. All life on earth can not live without oxygen, or rather without air. Therefore aquarium
there are only fish that, with the help of special organs (gill labyrinth or intestinal respiration), can breathe atmospheric air, and not oxygen dissolved in water.
And so, the fish breathe oxygen, which is contained in the water. This happens with the help of a special organ of respiration. the gills, which in turn come in various shapes. As a rule, the gill slits are located on the sides (about 4-5 pairs of gill lobes). The water washing and passing through the gills gives up the oxygen dissolved in it and carries away the carbon dioxide that has been emitted. Further, the "extracted" oxygen is spread throughout the body of the fish.
However, some species of aquarium fish can breathe skin or take in air into the cavity of a floating bladder. In addition, there is the so-called intestinal breathing, which is possessed by aquarium catfish (speckled catfish corridoratus) and loachworms, which can get air into the intestine with the help of the anus.
And now we are getting to the question that interests us! Some species of fish have special organs with which oxygen is absorbed. One of these organs is the gill labyrinth, the owners of which are referred to as the labyrinth family. A labyrinth is a specialized respiratory organ that allows you to absorb oxygen directly from the air.
Betta Fish, Betta or Fight Fish
This is all GURAMI
(blue, marble, kissing, honey)
The edges of the round aquarium
Experienced aquarists prefer rectangular aquariums, while skeptics are considered to be round tanks. You can hear that the round aquarium is inconvenient to maintain, it is dangerous to the health of the fish, and caring for it does not justify itself.
In fact, the content of the flask has several disadvantages. But the observance of certain rules and knowledge of which fish are suitable, will allow for many years to ensure a comfortable life for the inhabitants. And, of course, it will be an excellent interior decoration.
For a start, it is still worth to identify the main disadvantages of a round aquarium.
- Small volume The standard sizes of round containers are designed for 10, 20 or 30 liters. A small round aquarium may be beyond the strength of an inexperienced aquarist. A round container must also be equipped with a filter and other devices.
- The size. The volume will not allow to keep any kind of fish. With plants to roam, too, will not work.
- The number of inhabitants. A space of 10, 20 or 30 liters will allow you to contain two or three fish. Plus, these fish should be small in size and have a number of qualities that will be discussed below.
- Distortion. The glass aquarium has curved walls, they will reflect the light and create a shadow, causing the illusion of movement. Fish, prone to stress, will suffer.
- Inconvenience. Caring for such an aquarium is more difficult. It is necessary to carefully monitor the filter. it becomes dirty more quickly. Its maintenance is troublesome, and frequent water changes and wall cleaning will be an extra stress for fish.
- Oxygen. Due to the shape of the oxygen layer in the flask is small. There will be less dissolved oxygen in the water, so the fish demanding such a parameter should not be chosen.
Required equipment includes:
If you are interested in a round aquarium, it is worth considering its drawbacks carefully, but not to be afraid of them. First, decide on the volume. As mentioned above, the average volume of round aquariums is 10 liters, but you can buy containers for 20 or 30 liters.
You will need special equipment to create a cozy environment. This compressor, bottom filter and heater. It is also necessary to provide the glass aquarium with illumination, but it will be difficult to install it yourself. In order not to complicate your life, it is better to purchase a container with a built-in lamp.
In addition to the equipment you will need a cover for a round aquarium. She has several tasks at once:
- prevents fish from jumping out of the tank;
- serves as protection from curious cats that may wish to eat fish;
- A lighting fixture is attached to the cover.
The popularity of round aquariums and goldfish is due to two main factors. goldfish are among the most hardy and unpretentious aquatic inhabitants, and round aquariums are in harmony with any interior and are easy to clean. However, despite such advantages, there are several important rules that concern the content of fish in such tanks.
If fish of the labyrinth family are chosen, then such conditions are created for them:
- The temperature of the liquid in the tank is 24-26 degrees.
- For the bottom of the tank choose dark-colored substrates. With the help of such a soil, the attractiveness of representatives of the fauna is distinguished.
- The presence of vegetation, algae. Planting shady plants is carried out in a specific order. Higher views are located at the rear wall. The central part is filled with moss and fern. This event, which requires some preparation, is carried out carefully.
- For dressing use dry, vegetable and frozen feed. Periodically injected chopped vegetables, yolk. Experts recommend introducing plant foods with established regularity.
How to determine the amount of oxygen in the aquarium water?
In order to check if the fish have enough oxygen to breathe, you need:
The dependence of oxygen on the volume of drugs, temperature
To restore, get rid of the infection using drugs, increase the temperature in the tank. This triggers a reduction in oxygen in the aquarium fluid. In order to compensate for the disadvantage, carry out the installation of aeration installation.
For additional restoration use filtration installations. They purify water from impurities, organic residues.
For filtration, installations are used by which the layers of aquarium water are mixed. For large containers, aerators are also used, which include powerful filters.
Even if phenotypes have a unique respiratory system, tanks with them are completed with aeration and compressor equipment. With the help of such installations, the lack of oxygen masses is replenished. Periodically, the substrate in the tanks siphonate.